Responsible for collecting the outstanding credit from the customers after the credit period for a given customer has exceeded pre-specified period, ensuring all measures are taken to achieve the necessary, while complying with set standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures:
- Implement the Finance Department’s set policies and procedures and comply with the company’s other policies.
- Take appropriate measures to get the outstanding credit after the credit period for a given customer has exceeded 120 days (or as specified), on the direction of the Manager, Credit & Collection. The measures include:
- Making calls to the customer and follow up in the collection
- Visiting the premises of the customer with appropriate documents
- Decide on the appropriate process for collection based on the customer category (e.g. Ministry, Cooperatives, Pharmacies, Wholesale, Restaurants) and past relationship with the customer
- In case of any discrepancy in the credit information (e.g., return goods from customer, which may not have been reconciled), liaise with the Accountant Credit or the concerned salesman to address the issue.
- In case the collection is not achieved, transfer the file to legal department and inform the Accountant to take appropriate measures
- Perform ad-hoc and other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 0 - 1 years of experience in the same or related field.
- Communication skills.
- Organizing and Planning Skills.
- Problem Solving Ability.
- Reliable and Dependable.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic language
Communication and Work Relation:
- Key Internal Contacts: All Departments
- Key External Contacts:Clients