Responsible to source, price, and market products to profitably grow the assigned FMCG categories & profit line, to effectively support the operations of the FMCG Department while adhering to MNH policies and procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the MNH FMCG - Brand
Management. Develop strategies and execute plans that position MNH within the
market place & customers as a trusted and leading brand delivering
exceptional value, great quality and convenience every day.
- Conduct long term business planning utilizing
performance review, data analysis, customer and industry insights and market
trends in partnership with Vendors/Regional partners.
Budget & Cost Control
- Development of the assigned FMCG Division’s budget and maintain approved budget to ensure all FMCG activities are within the assigned budget by setting the required targets and responsibilities.
Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the development, and ensure the implementation of the FMCG Department’s established policies and procedures and comply with MNH other policies.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
Brand Management Activities
- Evaluate all assigned FMCG Brands & products and select the appropriate SKUs based on the following criteria: cost, terms, service level, time in transit (cost of interest and necessary inventory level), quality and Lead Times on a continual basis.
- Establish the appropriate Recommended Retail Prices (RRP) for all assigned FMCG Brands & products at SKUs level to attain the budgeted gross profit margins and meet the business requirements of MNH.
- Collaborate with all trade channels & partners and Personal as well as all suppliers/vendors to establish and continuously evolve the MNH core item mix and seasonal product offerings.
- Oversee the MNH assigned FMCG Brand supply chain and distribution, including partnering with internal and external distribution partners, optimizing distribution, and leveraging costs to ensure consistent availability and pricing of all products.
daily/weekly cost management and retail changes when deemed necessary.
with purchasing teams to coordinate all the assigned Brands pricing in shared
markets to ensure competitive retail pricing in all Trade Channels.
- Develop and execute MNH promotional strategies while working with all our esteemed customers to negotiate promotional allowances, schedule events, and evaluate promotion performance.
- Minimize all assigned Brands SKUs sales return and short expiry goods by working with the Sales Team and planning Promotions for overstocked and near expiry items and avoiding overstocking the points of sales.
- Identify, evaluate and bring to market new products under the respective assigned categories that meet the needs of the Sales Channels standards and MNH business objectives.
- Ensure achievement of going in gross (GIG) margin rate targets for all assigned Brands as per MNH budget requirements.
- Collaborate with operations to interpret financial and operational performance to identify business risks and opportunities and ensure margin targets for all assigned Brands are achieved.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Integrate processes and systems to optimize accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, space utilization, and profitability for all assigned Brands.
- Ensure all necessary tasks are conducted on a monthly basis to ensure Gross Profit Margins are met for each period and alignment of the same with MNH business requirements.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans including advertising, in-store specials, promotional, and special buys.
- Perform Brand assessments on the respective assigned Brands and implement necessary changes as outlined in the plan and use analysis to ensure phase-in & phase-out of SKUs.
- Ensure Brand plans are created once a year with the chosen Brand Partners, outlining strategies, and goals that meet the overall strategy of Mohamed Naser Al-Hajery & Sons and include the major financial performance goals including profitable sales, costing, pricing, and assortment.
- Set the initial sales, gross margin, and inventory forecasts used in developing the final operating budget for the respective assigned brands.
- Ensure plans in place to meet monthly budgets as outlined through retail management, Brand rebates, and markdown management, ensuring alignment of the same with MNH business requirements.
- Ensure development of merchandise plan and all business metrics within the Stores.
- Collaborate with Sales Channel partners to build and execute an effective Brand Strategy, review schedules; analyse SKU rationalization data to identify Brand needs, and work with the Brands and to maintain an optimum product mix.
- Collaborate with both Hypermarket and COOP Space Planners to incorporate centrally planned product mix into planograms and merchandising planners.
- Develop weekly and/or bi-weekly department merchandising plans.
- Collaborate with MNH Purchasing, Operations, and Marketing teams to develop materials and communications that consistently deliver clear and efficient direction to all partners and Customers.
- Promote cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders. Manage and execute the MNH ideal in a positive, constructive manner to ensure rapid acceptance of new ways of doing business.
- Provide quick response to feedback and adjustment to programs, as needed, to best serve customers and store operators.
- Perform ad-hoc and other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
- Conducts time-to-time training on all assigned brands SKUs for the sales team and merchandisers.
- Monitor the expiry at SKU level on a daily basis and take necessary action to ensure expiry and damage is reduced drastically.
- Investigate, manage inputs and recommend action to be taken when there are weaknesses in internal controls or compliance issue with set policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Division/ Department Heads to plan and advance the people agenda, analyses manpower plans, implications of decisions, and address issues to direct the priorities accordingly.
- Conduct annual employee performance appraisal of employees ensuring employee career development and motivation.
- Recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions based on employee performance.
- Carry out disciplinary meetings whenever deemed necessary.
- Ensure training needs of employees are identified and recommend relevant training initiatives that will assist in building a highly professional and knowledgeable workforce.
- Generate regular and special reports for the FMCG Director as well as suppliers/vendors that summarize and forecast regulatory activities and financial position of divisional activities as well as reports for value and volume sales for assigned Brands.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s in Business Administration would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 1–5 years of experience in the same or related field.
- Category Management experience in multi-unit and multi-geographic locations would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of success in purchasing, pricing, distribution and financial management.